Baliga Murder case: Prime accused Naresh Shenoy Granted Bail?

Mangaluru, September 14, 2016 (Fikrokhabar/Sources): In a surprising development, unconfirmed reports reaching here state that Naresh Shenoy the prime accused in the sensational Vinayak Baliga Murder Case has finally managed to secure bail from the state high court. The court is said to have orally announced its verdict today and the formal judgment is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow.

Naresh Shenoy, who was on the run following the RTI activist’s murder on March 21, was arrested by the CCB unit of the city police from a house in Hejmady near Mulky on June 25. He is among the seven persons arrested in connection with the murder.

After he was arrested he had applied for bail in Mangalore courts. II Additional District and Sessions Judge Sarvodaya Shettigar had rejected the bail application filed by him on 9th August. Subsequently Naresh Shenoy had approached the state high court for relief. Even while he was absconding he had made two failed attempts to gain anticipatory bail.

Naresh Shenoy is a youth leader and a founder of the erstwhile Namo Brigade which had orchestrated Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s election campaign in the district. He is accused to masterminding the crime and ordering the execution of the murder through hired killers. His allegedly involvement in the case had been the reason for much speculation and curiosity.

Noted rationalist and social activist Prof. Narendra Nayak had led a spirited campaign ‘Justice for Vinayak Baliga’, demanding free and fair probe into the murder. This was mainly because of the suspected role of powerful lobbies who are said to have backed the crime.

More details are awaited.

Courtesy: mangaloretoday